Join Club Run for the Nah-ston Marathon on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017!
Minnesota runners have always had to meet stringent requirements to run the famous race in Boston. Meet a qualifying time. Pay loads of money. Train through the winter. Figure out a complicated lottery system. Get to Massachusetts. And back.
Club Run feels that it’s time to give the people what they want: a loosely organized running event in April, in Minnesota, that you don’t have to pay for, that provides you the opportunity to run 26.2 miles, that’s free, and that’s fun.
Thus Club Run Presents: The Nah-Ston Marathon.
- 8:00a, Saturday, April 22nd, 2017
- Kenwood Community Center, 2101 West Franklin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
- Entry fee: a donation of canned food. We’ll deliver donations to Walking with a Purpose.
- Tech t-shirt included. (While Supplies Last)
- Preregistration not required. The probability of receiving a tech shirt, and especially one in your size, increases if you sign up well ahead of time.
- Finishers receive a medal. You tell us you finished, you get a medal. We leave the definition of “finish” up to you. You leave the definition of “medal” up to us.
- Distance options available up to 26.2 or so miles
- The route is three loops of about 8, about 8, and about 10 miles, each of which starts and ends at the Kenwood Community Center.
- Maps will be provided. Stay tuned for the exact routes, all of which will be on bike paths, walking paths, neighborhood streets, etc.
- Aid station support will be provided at the start and finish of each loop.
- Maps provided.
- Race numbers provided. Some assembly required.
- We’ll have a pot luck brunch following the event. Bring a dish to share if you like. All are welcome.
- Details subject to change.