The Club Run Grizzle Grind 5K & 10 Mile
3rd Annual Race – Saturday, August 12, 2017 Elm Creek Park, 1700 West Hayden Lake Road, Champlin, MN
The 2017 Grizzle Grind is a unique trail race within Elm Creek Regional Park running mainly on narrow single-track trail. The trail often includes switchback turns; especially in Grizzleland (part of 10 Mile route), the advanced section this race is named for. Parking is limited at the trail head, thus consider carpooling. Please arrive early to allow yourself plenty of time for packet pick-up and pre-run rituals/warm ups and pre-race instructions.
5K – 8:30 AM Start
The 5K route is of moderate difficulty due to the curvy trail, tree roots and ever so slight elevation change (if we can claim elevation change in Minnesota!). It is a challenging first-timer trail race and is something different then the 5K loop races held elsewhere in the cities. Last runner estimated to complete route is one hour (9:30 AM).
10 Mile – 8:00 AM Start
The 10 Mile route’s start has changed since last time. It starts at the end of the parking lot and joins the trail. This route is measured to be 10 miles. Last runner is expected to complete route before the wonderful trail markers are picked up / three hour finishing time (11:00 AM).
Click here to view 5K and 10 mile route description
Registration is $40.00 for the 5K & $50.00 for the 10 Mile. NOTE: 1. Due to the nature of the trail, this is not a closed course event. Mountain bikers do have the option to be on the trails as well, but according to insider knowledge, they start later in the morning. Will this ruin your race? No! Good trail etiquette, yielding to them, calling out when you are behind a runner/biker you may pass is common sense and avoids injuries. 2. If the trail is deemed unsafe due to weather conditions the race will be postponed to the following Saturday, August 19th. If for some reason both dates are rained out, we will refund your entry fee, minus $15 for the shirt.
- Registration is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The event is capped at 200 racers total for the races combined.
- The races are timed, so you will have an official finishing time
- Each participant receives a cool race shirt. Those registering before July 31st will have a guaranteed race shirt in participant’s chosen size. Shirts ARE GENDER SPECIFIC. If you select a size in your gender female/male you will receive that. We will do our best so everyone will receive a shirt in their size.
- Prizes will be given to the top two male and females of each race. Ready to sign up? Click here to register.
Fuel & Food
Water stops are available. The 5K has one at mile 1.2, the 10 Mile also has the water stop the 5K runners have, for 10 Milers it is at .45 mile. 10 Milers also have an Aid Station 2 & 3 (same location) near Grizzleland that is easily accessible on the way into Grizzleland at circa mile 4.4 and the same stop can be accessed on the way out of Grizzleland off the trail about 50 feet off the trail at mile 6.8. Water & sports drink will be at the first water stop; water, sports drink, & GU/gels will be at the 2nd/3rd stop. Post-race one may want to refuel. Snacks and beverages will be available.
Register here. Select “Volunteer” from drop down and fill out form, submit. Easy-peasy!
YES! We need them. Club Run Minneapolis is organizing this and couldn’t do everything without volunteers. Why not be a part of the action, receive a different, but equally cool shirt like the runners. We need volunteers to help fill the following rolls:
- Packet pick up table
- Sweepers (pick up trash, trail markers etc. along route)
- Water stop staff Photographer
- Set up & clean-up crew
- Floater (direct traffic, communicate with race officials onsite to work wonders on whatever wonder is needed to be attended to)
- Medical staff
We love them, need them and you should thank them. Learn more about our sponsors here and how to become one: please email Elgin Switzer here: Elgin Switzer
Race results will be posted here. Please check back after event.